Friday, January 1, 2010

Give me some sunshine ....... I wanna dream again

A New Year's gift
For someone you love the most....

               31st December 2009, it was the new year's eve around 4 o' clock and cubicles near me were getting emptied as people had started leaving a bit early to enjoy themselves the last night of the year; some with their families, some with their partners, some with friends and some of them alone with Bagpipers & Johnny Walkers. Some "Still single ...ready to mingle" youth had made their own small gossip groups here & there and were cursing their fates for not having partners for the rocking night. And of-course there were few "odd men out" people like me sitting at their desks & looking at the down-pouring of New Year’s greeting mails, each of them with a little more frustration. "What the hell is good about this eve? I don't have any plans for it as of now". Submitting the assignments at last moment throughout the college days, reaching the station just before the departure of the train etc. etc. all of them have seriously impacted our life styles these days. Unable to think any flimsy & quick-fix plans, I started pondering over the incidents of last few days at work. Life has not been a bed of roses or a cake walk for me at office for last couple of months. When all the horrible thoughts started hovering in the mind, my soul revolted and I woke up from my so called introspection. I prayed to God for a better tomorrow & fruitful New Year. Breaking the "odd men out" jinx I too joined the "Aam Aadmi" and left the office.
                              With a simple cake cutting with my flat mates at 12, I welcomed the "2KX" and then I was on phone for next one hour wishing my close friends & relatives. It's a gift of technology that we have come a long way back from "New Year Greeting Cards" days to just a ring or an SMS. Like a bolt from the blue, there she was wishing me a "Happy New Year". Thanks to Vint Cerf(The father of internet) & Google TALK , she was pinging me from 7 seas & thousands of miles away. The "3 Idiots" have refreshed my college memories couple of days back and there she.... the first and only love of my life, the soul of my heart, the princess of my dreams whom I have always loved from the purest corner of my heart. Her simplicity & frankness bowled me over. I knew she was different from the very first day in the class, obviously it was "love at first sight"....... was popping up at my desktop. I thanked God for listening to my prayer & making the night special after all she pinged me after a long six month's break. It was the best gift I could have had for the New Year. My heart danced with joy & butterflies ran in my stomach. She was the first one to ping me in the New Year. Does she ever think about me sometimes? Like the Uday Chopra in Dhoom2 I too started dreaming a bit. "Aila" my hard luck and the power failed. Never ever in my life I have felt such urgent need of electricity as I felt at that very moment. All my thanks took an U turn and I started cursing my deities. I guess the electric dept took pity on me and the bulb glowed in five minutes. God fearing I took all my curses back and waking from my dream I replied her back. New Year wishes, how do you do, how izz life, any New Year resolutions, plans etc. etc. we continued for a while.
               The lover boy in me, Rahul .. naam to suna hoga ,was provoking myself to propose her again. "Dil hai ki maanta nahi" even after being turned down by her twice, once off line and once online, still "Kuch Kuch hota hai". What can I do? God has made us guys like this. We always think from our hearts & never use our brains when it comes to a matter about love & girls. Unlike us fools, girls are always smart and they act mature using their brains. God might be one of us only; that's why he has never been able to understand girls after creation. Some of the scriptures do speak the same. I was about to type the three golden words when the reply popped up "Gotta go .. Good bye". My hands froze & dreams scattered; there it was only the harsh reality, the truth of life. I wished I could tell her once more Hum ek baar jite hain, ek baar marte hain, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai, aur pyaar….ek hi baar hota hai. I know after reading this she may never ping me again, may never talk to me again. But there is a hope, a new year's hope, an "All Izz Well" hope that things will change. Some day or other she will understand my selfless love and my life will be normal again. Because....

"Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost"

8 comments:

  1. looks like a page from a Chetan Bhagat novel...good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best post so far... excellent flow of thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Dear...Picture kab shuru hoga ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Sankalp.Garg@maruti.co.in
    to visionaryrahul@gmail.com
    cc Biswanath.Rath@maruti.co.in
    date Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    subject RE: The Rebel Speaks --- "Give me some sunshine ....... I wanna dream again"
    mailed-by maruti.co.in

    Hi Rahul,

    I am sorry for reading such a nice blog so late………..

    U know the way in which you have narrated this incident touched me a lot and I sincerely pray to god that this story shud never end…………

    Your style of writing gives me a feel that u r special and moreover, genuine that I cannot stop myself saying that u can be a full time writer [no exaggeration as I am also a blogger who blogs very rarely ;) ]……

    Hope I am making sense………..

    Regards,
    Sankalp Garg

    ReplyDelete
  5. from Santanu@maruti.co.in
    to visionaryrahul@gmail.com
    cc Biswanath.Rath@maruti.co.in
    date Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    subject RE: The Rebel Speaks --- "Give me some sunshine ....... I wanna dream again"
    mailed-by maruti.co.in

    Hi Rahul

    Wish you a very happy and eventful year.

    I read you blog today. You have written about some of your very personal and beautiful feelings in a very filmy way. In your filmy style I was able to feel humor, pain and hope.

    Take care

    Regards
    Santanu

    ReplyDelete
  6. good one sir..u were very true in depicting the child in one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dil to baccha hai jee... good writing :)!.. check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearty congratulations to you for the ‘New sunshine’ you saw that morning. Although ‘Aal’ will be really well when the Picture ends well. ;)

    Enough had already been spoken about the writing style and presentation. The only thing from my side will be : ‘From No Movie (your state in B.Tech 1st Year) to All Movie (your present state)’ you have come a long way (Although literally, u r still in the vicinity of our Alma Mater NIT Warangal.i.e. u stay at Hyderabad). Your sincere thanks to me for this achievement.

    Yes, diagonally opposite to the previous blog (Reference : My review of your last blog ‘Independence Day‘), this one is straight from your heart and the words and expressions have flown quite naturally. And interestingly, in our personal blog history, for the second time your theme goes in line with my blog post ( Reference : the new definition of New Year circulated by me (sms version)on 1st Jan 2010 , soon to be updated in http://bnr-films.blogspot.com )

    However, I have got some disagreements.

    First , the very person SRK who delivers the Dialogue thrice in the movie (KH)2 ‘ Maa/Anjali Hum Ek Baar Jeete Hain…” contradicts his statement by falling in love twice. Not to mention the dramatic series of events/song sequences which leads him to his second marriage. Somewhere deep inside, I believe in the philosophy that Cinemas are mirrors of society. And same is the case here.

    ‘Love at first sight’ is certainly a concept/fact alien to me. To quantify, how much difficult it is to forget your first love is something beyond my mathematical capabilities… But as the new generations of directors take a realistic take on the prevailing situations, happenings in society; looking through their ‘Mirrors’ one can certainly emphasize the fact that people Do fall in love twice, thrice , N no of times ( where n > 3, I hate usage of the number ‘N’ without mentioning its domain ;) ). And if these ‘mirrors’ are to be believed, then circumstances, location, common interest, common work place, gen-next comm. technologies/networking sites are some of the factors responsible to start a communication between two birds. And when these two begin to know/understand each other, they develop mutual respect and fondness. Slowly, emotionally and perhaps unknowingly they start getting closer and there…. they DO start falling in love irrespective of the value of ‘N’.

    Of course the same shouldn’t be confused with commitment.

    But the Ten Crore Question ( again… I prefer Ten crore over Million Dollar) to what extent you care for the person you love ?

    An "Aal Izz Well" hope (that your first and true love will understand you) even after neglecting her humble request not to keep a certain article/post on the blog page ?

    I would call it the ‘Idiotic’ effect !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete